Are you a new blogger, a seasoned blogger, or even someone who wants to start a blog?
Grab this FREE Everything You Need To Build a Successful Blog eBook Bundle.
I make New Year’s Resolutions most years but in all honesty by February they are often a distant memory. This year I decided that I would share my New Year’s Resolutions with you, my readers, so I would be more accountable and so I would have it right there in black and white. Maybe we can help keep each other accountable.
- Number one on my list every year- lose weight. But this year I don’t just want to lose weight. I want to get healthy as part of losing weight. I want to take better care of myself so I can be a better personal, wife, and mother.
- Find a new doctor that can figure out why the heck I have debilitating exhaustion every day. I already know I have fibromyalgia and sleep apnea but I just feel in my heart that there has to be something else going on, too. I use my CPAP and I am just as tired the next morning as I am if I don’t use it. I take Xyrem which is supposed to help me get to a deeper REM sleep and I am still as tired the next morning as I am if I don’t use it. My sleep doctor said my CPAP is at the right setting but I don’t think it is. I did the sleep study a few years ago so even if the settings were correct a few years ago they could have changed.
- Get on a normal sleeping schedule. I take my clear, focused moments when I can because fibromyalgia causes such a mental fog but often I end up staying up too late and then sleeping all day when my kids are in school. I want to do my best to go to be as early as I can. I am going to try other methods such as a white noise machine, not sleeping with the tv on which is a horrible habit hubby and I both have.
- Spend more family time with my whole family when my husband is available and more time with just my girls. I will set times that will be computer and electronics free for both my girls and myself.
- Make sure my girls know how important they are to me.
- Make time to spend alone with my husband and find a babysitter so we can start going on regular date nights.
- I am on so many meds because of my fibromyalgia that my libido is gone. I feel like I could go the rest of my life without having sex and I’d be ok with that. But I am married and I know my husband isn’t ok with that. I want to be a good wife to him and I know he wants more intimacy and well, more sex. I really want to try to “fake it until I make it” so to speak and try to work on getting in the mood and spending more intimate time with my husband. I know my family will read this and think that I am putting too much out there but they don’t realize that sometimes you need to as a blogger. 😉
- Write more personal posts. I spent so long as a deal blogger that just writing a post about my life, my family, etc. when it isn’t tied to a sale, product, or sponsored post is sometimes difficult and doesn’t always come naturally. I want to find my voice and get more comfortable sharing with my readers.
- Work on getting more traffic to my blog and relying less on Facebook because each time Facebook changes it’s algorithm it messes with how many readers actually see my posts.
- Post more recipes and crafts. This will be great for my readers and great for my children because we’ll have more time together when we’re cooking and crafting. I am thinking about starting a Cooking With Kids series on my blog.
Learn how I got my children involved in making New Year’s Resolutions and learning about gratitude and making positive changes.
What are YOUR New Year’s Resolutions?