In honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday, March 2, 1904, here is an adorable Cat in the Hat craft that is fun to make. It would make a great stick puppet, too.
What you will need:
Red acrylic paint
White acrylic paint
Sparkle acrylic paint or glitter (I used sparkle paint because that is what I had on hand)
Glue gun or tacky glue
1. Paint 1 piece of bowtie pasta red. If you are using glitter sprinkle glitter on top of the red paint on the bowtie. If you are using sparkle paint wait until the red paint on the bowtie is dry and spread a thin layer of sparkle paint on top.
2. Paint 1 piece of rigatoni pasta with red and white stripes.
3. Paint 1 craft stick white.
4. Print and cut out Cat in the Hat face template.
5. When all pieces are dry assemble as shown and glue in place with tacky glue or a glue gun.
Cat in the Hat Template: