Disclosure: I received 2 products listed below to facilitate my upcoming review. I received no other compensation and all opinions are 100% my own.
Most of us have smoke detectors in our homes but did you know that isn’t enough? Carbon Monoxide and natural gas leaks are silent killers. When it comes to carbon monoxide and natural gas leaks, earlier detection and warnings can give you the few seconds you need to survive a deadly fate.
The leading cause of poisoning deaths in the U.S., carbon monoxide leaks can lead to long-term physical and emotional distress.
What is carbon monoxide poisoning and what should I look for?
Often called the silent killer, carbon monoxide poisoning can be confused with flu symptoms, food poisoning and other illnesses. Carbon monoxide is undetected by humans or animals and can be fatal, causing death within minutes.
Why is a carbon monoxide detector so important?
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), all people and animals are at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. Certain groups — unborn babies, infants, the elderly and people with chronic heart disease, anemia, or respiratory problems — are more susceptible to its effects. Each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning, more than 20,000 visit the emergency room and more than 4,000 are hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Why is a natural gas detector so important?
Why is a natural gas detector so important? A detector is crucial to protecting your home and neighborhood from explosive natural gas. According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the odorant that is added to that colorless and odorless natural gas used in homes can lose its odor. This problem is called “odorant fade” and may cause a leak in a home to be undetectable through the sense of smell.
Universal Security Instruments 2-in-1 Carbon Monoxide & Natural Gas Alarm
Universal Security Instruments has launched a new cost-effective and compact plug-in carbon monoxide and natural gas alarm with smart technology to help protect families and save lives.
- The new compact design alarm is the smallest available. No bigger than your average smart phone, the 2-in-1 alarm covers only one electrical outlet and has one sensor to accurately detect carbon monoxide and natural gas exposure in the home.
- The Universal Security dual-sensing carbon monoxide and natural gas plug-in alarm with smart technology is generally immune from nuisance alarms caused by common household chemicals and cleaners.
- The dual-sensing gas alarm is available at a similar cost to the carbon monoxide only alarms and creates a compelling value for families looking to purchase these life-saving devices.
What You Can Do:
Please watch the powerful video below and take a moment to vote for USI Electric’s Carbon Monoxide & Natural Gas Alarms to go on shelves at Walmart.
Here is a link to the Walmart voting page:
The voting is open now and runs through September 2nd. You can vote daily. Please help get this important product in as many homes as possible. I will be doing a product review on these alarms soon so please keep an eye out! Make sure to share with your family and friends so they can vote, too.
To read more about this product, you can also visit their website http://smokeandgasalarms.com/