Olive oil is a great product to have in the house, as you probably already know. It’s fantastic for cooking, but it’s great for so many other things too! It’s definitely the best oil by far over sunflower and vegetable. Let’s take a look at why this is a must have product:
Image taken from Flickr
It’s The Healthiest Oil to Cook With
Olive oil is the healthiest to cook with. It’s much better for us than vegetable and sunflower oils, as olive oil is a healthy source of fat. El Olivo tell us we need to include healthy fats in our diets, so by cooking with olive oil we include this automatically! You do need to be careful of the amount you use though, as it still contains a lot of calories.
It’s Great on Salads
Olive oil tastes great, which means it’s the perfect accompaniment to salads. To make your salad a little more interesting, simply drizzle over some of your favourite olive oil. Along with olive oil, you can also use balsamic vinegar. They go together very well!
It’s Lovely Dipped in Bread
Bread dipped in olive oil is a great starter. In fact, herb, fruit, and spice infused olive oil is very tasty and gorgeous with pieces of crusty bread. It looks so rustic, so it’s a perfect starter for dinner parties and a great snack for guests.
You Can Do Other Things With It
Olive oil doesn’t just need to be used in food. In fact, I’d say it’s an essential product to have in the house because of all of its other possible uses. Here are just a few of them:
- Moisturiser – feel as if you need to give your skin some deep hydration? Use olive oil! It’s great for your face, body, nails, and hair. If you’re feeling dehydrated in any way, olive oil can help you. Bathing in it is always a good idea!
- Fix Squeaks – do you have a squeaky door? Rub on some olive oil and enjoy your newfound silence!
- Makeup Remover – If you struggle to take your makeup off, then olive oil could be the wonder product you’re looking for. Use it on your eyes and be amazed as your mascara just slides off.
- Shine Up Your Sink – we all get a grungy looking sink from time to time. Use olive oil to make it shiny and brand new looking again.
- Use in Face Masks – If you enjoy making your own face masks, then include a little olive oil so you can enjoy extra moisturising properties.
- Use in Body Scrub – mix your olive oil with brown sugar, honey, and any other natural products you like to make a natural, gorgeous body scrub. Your skin will thank you!
- Fix Stuck Zippers – stuck zippers are the worst. Use olive oil on them to say goodbye to them forever!
As you can see, olive oil is very handy to have in the house. I’d stock up if I were you!