Disclosure- I received the products mentioned below and/or compensation as part of the Superior Source Vitamins Brand Ambassador program. All opinions are 100% my own.
Vitamins are so important but sometimes getting my family to take them can be a challenge. Then I was introduced to Superior Source Vitamins. Superior Source Vitamins have MicroLingual® “Under the Tongue Technology” that work FAST. They dissolve quickly under the tongue and are quickly absorbed by into the body. My younger daughter can’t swallow pills so this is perfect! When you swallow supplements, as much as 50% of the potency can be lost in the high acid environment of the stomach.
Vitamin D has recently been in the news and recent studies show how Vitamin D, the “sunshine vitamin” supports bone and dental health, promotes healthy muscle tone, as well as enhancing a level mood and supporting healthy blood glucose levels. It is not only safe but also vital for all ages. Superior Source’s Vitamin D comes in a whole line of strengths for every member of your family.
Vitamin D Family Pack
1. Baby Vitamin D – 200 IU: Vitamin D works in conjunction with calcium to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Their Vitamin D products are D3, the finest source of Vitamin D available.
2. Children’s Vitamin D – 400 IU: Vitamin D works in conjunction with calcium to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Their Vitamin D products are D3, the finest source of Vitamin D available.
3. Adult Extra Strength Vitamin D – 10,000 IU / 5,000 IU / 1,000 IU: Vitamin D works in conjunction with calcium to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Their Vitamin D products are D3, the finest source of Vitamin D available.
Based on a review of 21 clinical trials, the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) has recommended that the tolerable upper intake level for D3 be increased from 10,000 International Units (IU). That’s a big jump from the previously recommended 50 micrograms to 250 micrograms per day. There simply aren’t any adverse effects from higher doses, and many health-promoting benefits to gain from substantial supplementation.
Vitamin D is known for:
Supporting bone health and muscle tone*
Maintaining a stable mood*
Enhancing immune system response*
Enhancing absorption of phosphorus, which supports metabolism and energy*
Maintaining healthy blood glucose and blood pressure levels already within the normal range*
While Vitamin D can be found in small amounts in milk, fish, liver, and egg yolk, the human body mainly relies on manufacturing it through exposure to sunlight. With today’s modern diet and lifestyles, it can often be a challenge to get enough vitamin D each day. Some estimates claim as much as 60 percent of northern populations may be vitamin D deficient. With the new upper limit now set by the CRN, consumers are able to make better-informed decisions about appropriate vitamin D products.
As adults age, the natural decline of hormones results in a decline in the body’s ability to regulate mood and maintain healthy muscle and bone. Vitamin D is a great supplement for enhancing all of these processes.*
70% of Children in the United States are Running Short on Vitamin D!
Infants and Children
According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 9% of children in the U.S. are “vitamin D deficient”, while 61% are technically running “insufficient”. Researchers have identified several possible risk factors for the nationwide deficiency and insufficiency:
- Lack of sunshine exposure
- Poor diet – not enough milk or fish
- Breast-feeding – breast milk is often low in vitamin D
- Darker skin – lighter skin tends to produce vitamin D more efficiently
More and more parents are discovering the importance of Vitamin D for enhancing immune system function and supporting development of strong bones, teeth, and muscle. Both infants and young children can benefit from supplementation.*
The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends 400 IU of supplemental vitamin D for breastfed newborns in the first few days of life, followed by a maintenance dose of 200 IU for infants up to two months old. Young children benefit from supplementation that brings their daily intake up to 400 IU. While changes in sun exposure and diet can help, supplementing is the only way to completely ensure that a child is getting enough vitamin D.
As a Superior Source Vitamin Brand Ambassador I received the Superior Source Vitamin D Family Pack to try with my family. I love that there is a strength for every member of my family. There is even a strength for babies that I am going to give to my neighbor who has a infant. The pills are very tiny so my children don’t object to taking them. They dissolve easily under their tongues and have a slight sweet, milky taste so my children take them easily as part of their morning routine with their breakfast. As a mom I want as much vitamins and nutrition to go into my family’s body so I really like that Superior Source Vitamins go into the bloodstream so quickly to get right to work in the body. We are looking forward to trying other Superior Source Vitamins.
Adult potencies from 400 IU to 10,000 IU
: Tolerable Upper Intake Levels (ULs) for Vitamin D 
J.N. Hathcock, A. Shao, R. Vieth, R. Heaney. “Risk assessment for vitamin D.” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition; January 2007, Volume 85, Pages 6-18.
M. Melamed, J Kumar, P Muntner, F Kaskel, S Hailpern. “Prevalence and Associations of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Deficiency in Children and Adolescents in the United States: Results from NHANES 2001-2004,” Pediatrics online: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/peds.2009-0051v1
With Superior Source Vitamins everyone’s a “winner”!
Receive a FREE Vitamin D of your choice by “Liking” the Superior Source Vitamins Facebook page.
FREE 60-Day Supply of Vitamin D: Baby 200 IU, Children’s 400 IU or Adult 1,000 / 5,000 / 10,000 IU.
(Just pay $4.95 S&H. One product per household)
Want to try Superior Source Vitamins for yourself?
3 lucky winners will each receive a vitamin gift pack including:
1. Advanced B-12 – 2,000 mcg: B-12 is essential for top energy levels, heart health and mental clarity. The innovative “under the tongue” MicroLingual® delivery system is designed to make B-12 immediately available for absorption into the bloodstream.
2. NEW Vitamin C “Tangy” Orange Melts – 500 mg: Superior Source Vitamin C 500 mg utilizes a non-acidic form of C that doesn’t contribute to gastric irritation; and is sugar free. Although each MicroLingual® tablet contains very little sodium (only 1% of the Daily Requirement), it is helpful in offsetting the natural acidity of Vitamin C, creating a smoother, less acidic taste. The sodium in this product differs from common table salt in that it is not combined with chloride like the “salt” most often associated with hypertension. Additionally, Tangy Orange Melts are formulated with a proprietary blend including Acai Berry, Acerola Cherry and Citrus Bioflavonoids. NO sugar added; only sweetened with a little stevia. This is preferable to most “chewable” Vitamin C products that typically are loaded with lots of sugar.
3. Extra Strength Vitamin D – 5,000 IU: Vitamin D works in conjunction with calcium to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Our Vitamin D products are D3, the finest source of Vitamin D available.
4. Children’s Vitamin D – 400 IU: Vitamin D works in conjunction with calcium to promote the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Our Vitamin D products are D3, the finest source of Vitamin D available.
a Rafflecopter giveaway