Looking for some great, educational activities to keep your kids busy this summer? Camp Wonderopolis has got you covered. Camp Wonderopolis is going to be bigger and better and even more awesome than last year!
How could Camp Wonderopolis get any better, you ask? Let us tell you.
- Set up your full Camp account with your own username and avatar.
- This year is all about science (hello, EXPERIMENTS!), and here are the worlds we’ll be exploring:
- Wonder Zoo (Zoology)
- Wonder Amusement Park (Physics)
- Wonder Woods (Biology)
- Wonder Laboratory (Chemistry)
- Wonder Dig Site (Geology)
- Wonder Observatory (Astronomy)
- For every Wonder you master, you’ll earn a Wonder Card. That’s right… WONDER CARDS! Can you collect all 42?
- There are even going to be prizes for the most WONDERful photos and videos shared by campers.
So, what are you waiting for?! Preregistration is now open. Sign up today for your spot in Camp Wonderopolis, and we’ll see YOU in just a few weeks!
Explore. Imagine. Laugh. Share. Create. Learn. Smile. Grow.
Welcome to Wonderopolis®, a place where natural curiosity and imagination lead to exploration and discovery in learners of all ages. Brought to life by the National Center for Families Learning (NCFL), our Wonders of the Day® will help you find learning moments in everyday life—ones that fit in with dinner preparations, carpool responsibilities, a stolen moment between breakfast and the bus, or within school curriculum and education programs.
Wonder is for everyone. It can happen anywhere and at anytime. Connecting the learning we do in our schools, our homes, and our communities, Wonderopolis walks the line between formal and informal education. Each day, we pose an intriguing question and explore it in a variety of ways. Our approach both informs and encourages new questions, sparking new paths of wonder and discovery in family and classroom settings.
Wonderopolis is generously supported by funding from the Verizon Foundation, and we are a proud Content Partner of its Thinkfinity Community. A free online professional learning community, Thinkfinity provides access to over 60,000 educators and experts in curriculum enhancement, along with thousands of award-winning digital resources for K-12—aligned to state standards and the common core. Here, educators connect and collaborate through themed groups, blogs and discussions, sharing resources, and best practices that support 21st century teaching and learning. Camp Wonderopolis follows a new model this year, enabling programs, families, and individuals to customize their experience to their own particular needs. Campers will explore different tracks of science and build their vocabulary, background knowledge, and literacy skills along the way.
When you register as a Camper (kids of all ages) or a Counselor (parents, library staff, teachers), you will be able to:
- Select your own avatar
- Follow your own path through six tracks of scientific exploration
- Engage in Wonder lessons and test your learning to earn Wonder Cards® (42 in all!)
- Check out what other Campers are doing and share your own experiences on the Wonder Wall
- Keep track of your Camp activities on your personal dashboard (Counselor dashboards will track individual and groups of Campers—perfect for parents, libraries, and summer learning programs)
- Try out fun, hands-on activities with everyday items
- Compete in photo and video contests for a chance to win Camp prizes
Be sure to pre-register now, and stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks!
– See more at: http://wonderopolis.org/camp-early-registration/