Disclaimer: I received the Good Cook Kitchen Tools mentioned below but I received no other compensation. All opinions are 100% my own.
You probably already know that I am part of the Good Cook Blogger program. I’ve already done several fun campaigns such as the produce keepers and the sandwich campaign. I was so excited when an avocado campaign was announced. I love avocado! My original plan was to make sushi for my avocado recipe. Only one problem……I’ve never made sushi before and I am not really sure how to make it. I love eating and I’ve always wanted learn how to make it so I figured this was a great chance. I reached out the the SushiQuik company to review one of their easy sushi makers to help me make my avocado sushi. They were gracious enough to send me one to review but I ran out of time and needed to get my avocado recipe post up so I decided on a different recipe for this avocado campaign. Keep an eye out of my review of the SushiQuik sushi maker coming soon.
I made a really delicious chicken cordon bleu the other day that my husband loved. I was trying to think of a recipe to use avocados with and remembered the breading I had used for the chicken and BINGO Easy Avocado Fries was born. What I love about this recipe is that the outside of the avocado has a nice, crispy coating but the inside has soft, cream….almost buttery avocado. This recipe is very easy and only takes a few minutes.
1 medium avocado
2/3 cup regular bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Blend (or any other herb blend)
olive oil (a few tablespoons to cook in)
- Remove pit and slice avocado with Good Cook Avocado Slicer (your avocado should be ripe but still firm)
- Heat olive oil in skillet to medium high heat
- Beat egg lightly in small bowl
- Mix breadcrumbs and seasoning in separate small bowl
- Dip avocado slice in egg
- Dip avocado slice in breadcrumb mix until fully covered
- Place avocado slice in skillet and cook for several minutes on first side until golden brown
- Flip avocado and cook on second side until both sides are golden brown
- Cover plate with a layer of paper towels
- Once fully cooked drain avocado on paper towels and serve warm
Note~ I thought that the avocado fries were great by themselves but you could serve with a dipping sauce such as ranch dressing if desired.
Want to order your own GoodCook kitchen tools? Get 25% off at goodcook.com for the Good Cook ProFreshonals Produce Tools. Use CODE: LoveAvocado
Want to win your own Good Cook Avocado Slicer, Citrus Zester, and Citrus Reamer?
a Rafflecopter giveaway