As a pet parent myself and huge animal lover, this new app from the ASPCA is so important to me. The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) has launched its first interactive mobile application, which is available for FREE download on iPhone and Android. This mobile app is the must-have app for pet owners and animal lovers around the country. The app will offer a groundbreaking new tool to help reunite pet owners that have lost their pet, which will include step-by-step instructions on what to do if a pet goes missing, tailored to each specific circumstance and a pet’s individual personality. Nearly one-in-five lost pets goes missing after being scared by fireworks or other loud noises, so this tool is particularly timely for the July 4th holiday.
The ASPCA mobile app will also allow pet owners to store vital medical records, and it will provide information on making life-saving decisions during natural disasters. Specific app features include:
- A personalized missing pet recovery kit, including step-by-step instructions on how to search for a lost animal in a variety of circumstances. This kit was developed by ASPCA pet care experts and based on the latest field research.
- The ability to build a lost pet digital flyer that can be shared instantly on social media channels.
- Access critical advice – even if there’s no data connectivity – on ensuring pet’s safety before, during, and after a major storm or disaster.
- Store and manage pet’s health records.
- Timely, relevant updates from the ASPCA about the latest in pet news and animal welfare.
- Built-in ASPCA Twitter and Instagram feeds.
The app can be downloaded for free on the App Store for iPhone devices and on Google Play for Android devices.