We all dream of having the perfect white smile. There is nothing better than having the confidence boost of pearly white teeth and knowing that when you smile, you light up the room. Your teeth are important to your health as well as your looks. Keeping them healthy and well cared for is an important part of your daily routine and is not something that should ever be neglected. Here we show you some fantastic ways to achieve whiter teeth and how you can get the best care for your teeth, no matter what your budget or lifestyle.
1. Visit your dentist – visiting your dentist is obviously the best way to take care of your teeth. A reliable Denver dentist or your local dentist surgery will be able to provide you with some in-depth and helpful advice. He will then go on to explain how to care for your teeth, before performing any treatments. You can have teeth whitening at your dentist or perhaps have some cosmetic changes made to the way your teeth look. Dentists will also give your teeth a much better clean and polish that you can do at home by yourself. This is great every few months, to boost the condition of your teeth and to preserve the shine and enamel. Dentists are experienced and know how to deal with patient’s requirements. If you have a fear of the dentist then explain this before you go. They will usually do everything they can in order to ensure that you are calm and comfortable during your experience. If you have a bad experience with a dentist then it is relatively easy to change to a different practitioner or opt for some private dentistry care.
2. Try whitening strips. Whitening strips are one of the best-selling tooth and beauty care products available to buy at the moment. You can use them from the comfort of your home and most will work around your schedule. You probably won’t achieve exactly the same results as you would by going to a dentist, but if your teeth need a quick brighten up then this might be an option for you.
3. Whitening toothpaste. There are all kinds of whitening and brightening toothpaste in stores at the moment. Get them from your local beauty store or pick some up at the supermarket. They are everywhere. Brushing your teeth with a whitening toothpaste may have an effect on how clean and white they look but this does usually take a few weeks to see a noticeable difference.
4. Baking soda. Some people swear by using baking soda on their teeth. Ensure that you make it into a paste and rinse it out before spitting into the sink. Household products are sometimes the most effective.
5. Avoid coffee and alcohol. Coffee and alcohol such as red wine can stain your teeth and cause them damage. Try to avoid these where possible. Brushing your teeth immediately after consuming these drinks will lessen the staining.
6. Changes to dietary and living habits. Changing your diet and becoming more active will also help. Active bodies are more likely to be able to fight infection. Avoiding highly acidic food and drink such as grapefruits and orange juice may also help.